Safe Church Guidelines At-a-Glance*
Statement of Purpose
First Congregational United Church of Christ is committed to creating a safe and healthy
environment in which all young people can learn and experience God’s love. We are an Open and Affirming church. All children and youth regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, family structure, physical, cognitive, and/or mental ability, race, ethnic background are welcome here. We strive to make our church/congregation a safe and healthy place that is
free of sexual misconduct, harassment, physical harm, bullying, or inappropriate interactions.
– background checks completed
– 18 years or older
– at least 5 years older than youth
– supervision with two Approved Volunteers
– communications through parents and when appropriate with youth
– keep messages transparent, copy message to at least one other staff/youth
– use appropriate content in posts
If you have a concern, contact: Jamie Dieckhoff (608-466-4696), Pastor Tanya (608-718-2993),
Dave Schollmeier (608-754-4878), or Joan Kalweit (608-756-2900)
*See document titled Safe Church Guidelines for Children and Youth for details.
Created January 2017